Sunday 10 May 2009

For Her. 10 . v . 2009

Birthdays are times of joy and happiness. Marking continued progress. In Portugal, we say 'Parabéns'. Congratulations. You've made it, you've pushed through. Like we're doing more than just living.

I love that verse, Hebrews 11 verse 1: "...we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses" cheering us on.

Dom. Dominie. It means something like master, or 'of the Lord'. She's shorter than me, and has longer hair than me. Apart from that, she looks pretty much the same as me (though, more beautiful...) She's had her rough times; she's had her happy times; she's studied hard; she's loved well; she's generous and kind; corageous and firm in her faith and her life. And she's still got loads more to come.

But, that aside, she's brilliant. She loves to be herself, she loves to get out. She's smart, she's fun. There aren't many sibling relationships I know like ours - we can just sit and chat and laugh and mull stuff over for hours. We can go out and mess around without feeling like we look stupid. Not that we don't have our differences, of course, but who doesn't? She's is the World's Top Sister (and she will hate me for putting that in Capitals) and I love her.

Dom, thanks for being such a great sister. I know I can be a sucky brother more than infrequently, but you are always great. I love hanging out with you, talking with you, telling you when I've got stuff to be happy about and stuff that's getting me down. And I love hearing the same from you.

You are brilliant.

Happy Birthday, big sis! I hope you have a brilliant day - it's all yours!

Missing you loads, and I can't wait to see you looking all scholarly and accomplished on July 1st!

Your little brother,
Aidan x

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute ... You guys make us so proud and so happy !!!
    PS : the "x" should be "v", 'cos Dom's birthday's in May, not October ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've only just come across this! How lovely; it's much better than a present, and especially nice to have found it while in the depths of exam despair! And n.b. you're not a sucky brother at all! (You're right about the capitals though.)
    Love you too little bro, x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete